About Region II
Region II Human Services is the Behavioral Health Authority for 17 counties in West
Central Nebraska. We are a direct provider of services and we contract with private
agencies for mental health and substance abuse services. Counties we serve include:
Arthur, Chase, Dawson, Dundy, Frontier, Gosper, Grant, Hayes, Hitchcock, Hooker,
Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, Perkins, Red Willow, and Thomas.
Our role in the provision of behavioral health services is described in Statute with the
passage of LB 1083. Regions were created back in the early 1970ís but LB 1083 is the
most current guiding document. There are 6 Behavioral Health Regions in Nebraska.
Regions are responsible for coordinating, creating, planning and delivering behavioral
- Network management Plan, develop, and maintain an array of Behavioral Health Services that meet the needs of persons in the Region.
- Youth Systems Coordination Work with agencies who serve youth to develop a continuum of care including emphasis on youth in transition to adult services.
- Emergency System Coordination staff a 24 hour crisis line for persons in a behavioral health emergency. Respond to calls from law enforcement, hospitals and others who serve persons in crisis. Coordinate and provide access to transportation, medication, and other services needed to prevent hospitalization or Emergency Protective Custody. Facilitate assessments for individuals who are in crisis. Coordinate care placement and care for individuals being discharged from acute or sub-acute care.
- Consumer Specialists
- Prevention - Coordinate prevention services and coalitions throughout the region
- Housing - Coordinate the housing assistance program.
SERVICES PROVIDED DIRECTLY
- Outpatient mental health
- Outpatient substance abuse
- Urgent outpatient
- Community support mental health
- Community support substance abuse
- Youth care Coordination
- Emergency Community Support
- Medication Management
- Medication Support
- Day Rehabilitation
- Aiding Recovering Moms
- Substance Abuse Evaluations
- Day Support
- Short Term Residential Substance Abuse Services
- Therapeutic Community
- Halfway House
- Supported Employment
- Community Support
- Mental Health Respite
- Intensive Substance Abuse Outpatient
- Prevention Coalitions
- Dual Residential
- Emergency Protective Custody
- Acute/sub-acute hospitalization
Region II Human Services is funded by state, federal and county dollars. We are a political subdivision created through an interlocal agreement. We are governed by a regional governing board made up of a county commissioner from each county served. In addition we have an Advisory Committee appointed by the Governing Board.
Behavioral Health Authority - Organizational Chart
Region II Human Services - Organizational Chart
Strategic Plan 2012
Program Evaluation 2012
Program Evaluation 2011
Management Report 2012
Management Report 2011